EMTC was founded to bring quality community theatre to Susquehanna County!
The Endless Mountains Theatre Company was founded in 1999 by Andrea Lang and Alice Deutsch, along with charter members Lee Schroeder, Diane Hurlburt, Bob Whitehead, and Sue and Don Zipin, as a vehicle for bringing quality community theater to Susquehanna County. EMTC is conceived as a group that is of, by, and for the people of Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania, and surrounding communities.
EMTC’s mission includes the following goals:
- Providing affordable professional level cultural performances to the residents of the Endless Mountains Region
- Serving as an educational tool, exposing students and adults to the art of music, dance, and theatre
- Encouraging tourism in the Endless Mountains by providing an entertainment attraction
- Allowing for artistic expression and aesthetic appreciation within the community
- Promoting community participation, involvement and pride
In the time that EMTC has been in existence, the Company has established itself as a regular source of large-scale theatrical entertainment. The community looks to EMTC each summer for the guaranteed fun of two full-length, high-quality shows, as well as the Ed Lonzinski Middle/High School Theatre Camp. And EMTC’s reputation also continues to grow through the additional productions and outreach programs that it brings the community throughout the year. The contributions of EMTC’s shows, directors, and players to the enrichment of theatre in our region have been acknowledged in the form of multiple awards from the Northeastern Pennsylvania Theatrical Alliance.
As a community theater, EMTC has grown through and with the participation of an increasing number of community members and local businesses, who have joined in all facets of the theater experience, both on and off the stage. EMTC is made possible by volunteers, coming from all walks of life, who devote their free time to an activity that brings them unsurpassable fun, while giving artistic enrichment to our county. To become a supporting member of EMTC or to volunteer your time and talent, visit or membership page.